This guide explains:
- How to find an English-speaking psychiatrist
- The difference between psychiatrists and psychotherapists
Psychiatrist or psychotherapist?
Psychiatrists solve mental health problems with medical treatments. They are doctors who studied medicine. They can diagnose mental health problems and prescribe medication.
Psychotherapists solve mental health problems with therapy. They studied psychotherapy. They can diagnose mental health problems. They can’t prescribe medication.1
How hard is it to find a psychiatrist?
List of English-speaking psychiatrists
Other lists of psychiatrists
These directories help you find English-speaking psychiatrists:
- KV Berlin – Find psychiatrists who accept public health insurance by language
- Doctolib – Find psychiatrists by language
- Doctena – Find psychiatrists by language
Your employer and your university might give you access to psychotherapy. It could be easier than finding a therapist yourself.