Inform the Ausländerbehörde of a job change

If you have a residence permit, and you quit or lose your job, you must tell the Ausländerbehörde. Use this template to write to them.

What happens to your residence permit

You must do this if…

You don’t need to do this if…

Letter template

How to send this letter

Send the letter to the department who is responsible for you. Include a copy of your resignation letter, your termination notice, and your new work contract.

How to contact the Ausländerbehörde

The Ausländerbehörde will answer a few weeks later.1

What to do next

Losing or changing your job in Germany

Sources and footnotes
  1. Carina Senf at Rotwang Law (July 2023), user report (July 2023)