What is the Hausverwaltung?

The house administration (Hausverwaltung) is the people in charge of an apartment building. You call the Hausverwaltung when you have problems in your apartment: loud neighbours, lost keys, problems with utilities etc. In some smaller buildings, this can be the landlord himself. In larger building, it’s usually a separate company.

If you don’t know who you Hausverwaltung is, look on your lease. You can also find it on a billboard in your apartment lobby.